Date:      Tue, 5 Feb 2002 21:38:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      k Macy <kip_macy@yahoo.com>
To:        drosih@rpi.edu
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Performance of -current vs -stable

I asked BDE about the same thing off-list:
Yes, the debug options (INVARIANTS and WITNESS,
especially the latter)
slow down the kernel by a factor of 10 or so.  Only
progams that don't
make many syscalls run reasonably fast.  I only turn
on these options
for debugging (not often).  Without them, syscalls
should be an average
of only (sigh) about 10% slower in -current.