Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 2003 01:21:18 +0100
From:      Jez Hancock <jez.hancock@munk.nu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Console key repeat rate zapped by X

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 04:52:54PM -0600, Warren Block wrote:
> Key repeat rate on the console is fine using kbdcontrol -r fast or
> keyrate="fast" in /etc/rc.conf.
>
> However, when X quits or restarts, it resets the console repeat rate to
> either normal or slow (it feels like slow, either way).
>
> Is there a way to get X to just leave the console key repeat rate alone?
I'm not sure about that, but I have my server console connected to a dataswitch
that means the kbd rate gets messed up everytime I switch to another machine...

I have a simple shell script setup called 'kbdrate' I put in a file
/usr/local/bin/kbdrate that's easy enough to execute:

kbdcontrol -r 250.34

Cheers,
Jez