Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2002 21:31:33 +0100
From:      Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with Staroffice 5.2

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft

Hi all

I NEED to get Staroffice 5.2 working URGENTLY. But I'm having
trouble :(

I'm running FreeBSD 4.5-PRERELEASE (I'm updating now to RC). I've
linux module loaded and linux_base-7.1 installed (I've also tried
with linux_base-6.1).

Well, I run the installation binary that I have on a CD and I get:
-----
klamath:/mnt/cdrom/linux# ./staroffice-5.2-bin-linux-es.bin=20
glibc version: 2.2.2
/tmp/sv001.tmp/setup.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libvos1GCC.=
so: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory
-----

I had SO52 running some time ago without any problem :(

What's that library? What can I do?

Oh, I've no linux distro any more on my hard disk, so I can't use it
to get SO52 installed.=20

BTW, I can't get Openoffice 638 working, too... I install it as
a '/net' installation under /usr/local, which seems to work fine,
but when trying the installation as a local user, it segfaults some
time later. And if I try to start it by hand, it never apperes...
Any idea here?

Thanks a lot!

--=20
La ignorancia es la felicidad.