Date:      Sat, 25 Aug 2001 18:54:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      <stanb@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   Bell South DSL

A friend of mine has managed to presuade Bell South to provide DSL for him.

He told them he had a Linux box, so they did give (sell) him an external
modem.

I want to set him up a NAT/friewall box to allow all his computers to
access the net, using a BSD box.

Can anyone give me any information of how Bell South DSL is set up? dhcp?
Ethernet, PPPoE? If the later, could someone point me ot some docs on this,
I have never run inot it before, what is it/ why use it?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@panix.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC