Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2001 14:55:48 +1000
From:      marcus@redcentre.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Changing IP address on DNS

Hi,

just a question about migrating a DNS server (FreeBSD 4) to a new
subnet.  I thought that it may be possible to add a new IP address to
a single interface card so that two subnets were running on the same
interface.  The DNS records could then be updated as appropriate,
time allowed for replication and then the old subnet taken down -
does this make sense?  I should say that this server is the
nameserver for the domain and the mail server.

thanks in anticipation,

Marcus