Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 1995 18:47:33 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        mal@aristotle.algonet.se, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [2.1-stable] No def. of GZIPCMD in .../share/doc/usd/1[02].*/Makefile

Satoshi Asami stands accused of saying:

>  * Maybe it (the stable list) should be mentioned in the FAQ then?-)
>  *
>  * garm>grep -i stable /usr/src/share/FAQ/Text/mailing-list.FAQ
>
> Well, these "Text" files should go, nobody is maintaining them.  I
> don't know why they are still there. :<

GRRR! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.   I can't count the number of times I've
pointed people at these files and had their questions answered.  If you
can't maintain them, generate them automatically, but under no circumstances
should anyone think that these files or their updated equivalents are
expendable...

> Satoshi

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[