Date:      Mon, 2 Dec 2002 16:16:19 -0300
From:      Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   portupgrade mplayer: no such package

I can't seem to be able to tell portupgrade to upgrade
mplayer. I know this probably has to do with my own pkgdb or
the way portupgrade uses port names, but I'd like to keep
using portupgrade, to keep all installed software
registered cleanly and make my life easier to upgrade them.

Perhaps this has to do with the recent move of mplayer from
ports/graphics to ports/multimedia?

Is there any way to use portupgrade? Or should I go back to
good old 'cd <port> ; make clean && make install clean'?

Thanks in advance,

Fernan

pi# portupgrade mplayer
[Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb1_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... - 306 packages found (-0 +15) ............... done]
** No such package 'mplayer' is installed.

However,

pi# whereis mplayer
mplayer: /usr/local/bin/mplayer /usr/local/man/man1/mplayer.1.gz /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer

--
F e r n a n   A g u e r o
http://genoma.unsam.edu.ar/~fernan