Date:      12 Oct 2002 00:02:03 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Ray Kohler <ataraxia@cox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mozilla won't start

On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 20:27, Ray Kohler wrote:
> I've just got back into FreeBSD today, so maybe this is old news...
>
> Mozilla won't start for me at all. It exits immediately (returning 1), with no other information. Ktrace shows
> that it does get as far as actually executing the real binary. www/mozilla (built from source),
> www/mozilla-devel (installed from pre-built package), and even www/linux-mozilla behave exactly the same. This is
> very mysterious and very frustrating, any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is the first time I've heard a report of this.  Since the problem
affects both the native and Linux versions of you might want to look at
possible kernel issues.  Which brings up a good question: what version
of FreeBSD is this?  If it's -stable or -CURRENT, did you do an
installworld when you last did an installkernel?

Joe