Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 00:25:07 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>, Documentation Team <freebsd-doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ${PREFIX} in doc/share/mk/doc.*.mk

On Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 12:44:58AM +0900, Jun Kuriyama wrote:

> Usually, ${PREFIX} is used target directory for *each* port in Ports
> Collection.  If you want to point "jade" location, you should use
> ${LOCALBASE} in Ports.
>
> If Documentation Project doesn't depend on X program, I'd like to
> suggest patches below.

<snip>

Won't work.  LOCALBASE isn't defined in /usr/share/mk/* or /etc/make.conf,
and I'm loathe to make building the doc/ tree depend on the ports/ tree.
If LOCALBASE is standard, it should move into one of the above files
(/etc/make.conf I would've thought) first.

Does that make sense?

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>