Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2001 21:50:37 -0800
From:      Trevin Chow <tmchow@sfu.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   make deinstall failed for jdk?

I tried doing a `make deinstall` of jdk 1.1.8 port today on my 4.2-S system
and
got the following error:

===>  Deinstalling for jdk-1.1.8
pkg_delete: package `jdk-1.1.8' is required by these other packages
and may not be deinstalled (but I'll delete it anyway):
PerlTools-1.2
rmdir: /usr/local/share/java/classes: Directory not empty
pkg_delete: unexec command for `rmdir /usr/local/share/java/classes' failed
rmdir: /usr/local/share/java: Directory not empty
pkg_delete: unexec command for `rmdir /usr/local/share/java' failed
pkg_delete: couldn't entirely delete package (perhaps the packing list is
incorrectly specified?)

I've never had a problem deinstalling ports before and am having difficulty
understanding why it would fail and what do I do now?