Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 2002 08:53:12 -0600
From:      Aaron J Siegel <Aaron.Siegel@attbi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Error building ns with tcl8.3

Hello
    I am having trouble building ns with tcl 8.3 install. I edited the
Makefile for the ns port by replaceing all references to tcl 8.2 with
8.3.  Here is a copy of the error;

c++ -c  -I. -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/include/tk8.3 -I/usr/local/include/tcl8.3 -o logparse.o
logparse.cc
In file included from logparse.cc:39:
utils.h:110: declaration of C function `const char * strcasestr(const
char *, const char *)' conflicts with
/usr/include/string.h:86: previous declaration `char * strcasestr(const
char *, const char *)' here
*** Error code 1

Has anyone found a fix. I am running 4.5 Stable, the port tree is a few
weeks old (the port was last modified 16 months ago).