Date:      Fri, 15 May 1998 11:05:30 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 980513 CAM snapshot available.

Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> The device statistics portion of the 2.2-stable snapshot has not been
> thoroughly tested yet, so I would appreciate feedback on iostat/systat/
> vmstat functionality under 2.2.

	I am always eager to help test new stuff for -Stable, however I have
some questions if you don't mind.

1. How stable is the cam stuff?  IOW, given that I don't really have
time in my life right now to re-install my stuff (yes, I have backups,
just no time :) should I be doing this?

2. What are some *specific* things that I can test before installing cam
and after which will show performance improvements, reliability, etc?

3. I have an Adaptec 2940 UW, an IBM DCAS 34300 UW drive and a zip
drive. I'm running a very recent -Stable. Does this sound like a good
platform for the cam stuff?

Congrats on your achievements thus far,

Doug

--
***         Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network       ***
*** Proud designer and maintainer of the world's largest Internet