Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 1998 21:17:57 -0600 (CST)
From:      Font <font@Mcs.Net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   netatalk and ddp_route: still have no valid route

I've just upgraded a machine from 2.2.2-R to 2.2-980119-SNAP, and have
remade the kernel with the NETATALK option enabled.  During bootup, after
ifconfig'ing but before rc.atalk is run, I get the bold/bright error
message

	ddp_route: still have no valid route

twice.  Where it shows up is not consistent other than as described above.
After rc.atalk completes, accesses from Macintoshes works fine (haven't
tried printing yet, but disk mounts are just fine).

Since it works, I probably shouldn't be too worried, but in the odd case
that I'm doing something odd that I shouldn't be, I thought I'd ask the
list.  Are there any gotchas of which I am unaware?  A nearly identical
configuration was fine under 2.2.2-R; I've upgraded this one to keep
somewhat in line with the rest of my servers, running 2.2.5-R.

A bug in my MUA causes news.announce.newusers                            font
to be sent to beneficiaries and senders of UCE/SPAM.                        @
                                                                      mcs.net
Wishes are like dishes.