Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 2002 12:26:33 -0300
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Vitor de Matos Carvalho <vitor@softinfo.com.br>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD-Hackers <FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: CPU Temperature and MRTG

Vitor de Matos Carvalho wrote:

> Hi :))
>
> It would like to know if somebody uses some program to measure the
> temperature of CPU (Intel) and motherboard, so that it can be read by the
> MRTG and thus to generate graphs?

Mmmmmm. I'm particularly familiar with the APCI code nowadays, but it
would surprise me if there wasn't SOME command which returns the current
temperature. In that case, net-snmp can easily do the job, even if not
with the correct MIB (it can do the job with the correct MIB too, just
not easily), through it's exec feature.

>  Atenciosamente,
>  Vitor de Matos Carvalho
>  System Network Administrator - Softinfo Network
>  FreeBSD - The Power To Serve

Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com
dcs@freebsd.org
capo@international.bsdconspiracy.net

	"They did what they could to help her, using human skills -- and then,
when that failed, left it in the hands of the gods. In this case," he
bowed slightly, "myself. Like it or not," the demon continued, "that is
my status in this region. Take it up with my priests if it bothers you."