Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 16:47:35 +0100 (BST)
From:      Mark Powell <M.S.Powell@salford.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   MegaRAID compatible memory (was Re: HPDA/DAC960PL errors )

> Any ideas on when the 1600 will be supported? I hate to pester such an
> altruist, but the 1600 seems attractive due to the U160
> support. Additionally the use of a DIMM for on-board memory rather than a
> single sided SIMM. Our suppliers have been having trouble getting the
> SIMMs for our current DPT SmartRAID IV controllers.

As an aside, anyone know what memory is compatible with the 1400
controllers. I know AMI provide a list, but that stuff is difficult to get
hold of. All the 64MB 72pin SIMMs they recommend are EDO. Anyone know
whether they have to be just parity or ECC. Is there any difference? As
long as they are 9bits wide? (I never have known the difference between
memory advertised as ECC and parity :)
Cheers.

Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - Clifford Whitworth Building
A.I.S., University of Salford, Salford, Manchester, UK.
Tel: +44 161 295 5936  Fax: +44 161 295 5888  www.pgp.com for PGP key
M.S.Powell@salfrd.ac.uk (spell salford correctly to reply to me)