Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 2010 18:43:36 +0000
From:      Mario Lobo <lobo@bsd.com.br>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compiling kernel with gcc43 [SOLVED]

On Thursday 25 March 2010 19:12:09 Edward Tomasz Napiera=B3a wrote:
> Wiadomo=B6=E6 napisana przez Mario Lobo w dniu 2010-03-25, o godz. 17:24:
> > 2010/3/24 Mario Lobo <lobo@bsd.com.br>
> >
> >> Anyway,my question boils down to: Is there a way to build the kernel
> >> with gcc43, with minimal tweaking? Am i attempting something out of my
> >> league?
>=20
> This is what I use to compile kernel on 9.0-CURRENT/amd64:
>=20
> CC=3D            /usr/local/bin/gcc44
> CXX=3D           /usr/local/bin/g++44
> CWARNFLAGS=3D    -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-protot=
ypes
>  \ -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcast-qual \
>  -Wno-pointer-sign -D__FreeBSD_cc_version=3D0 \
>                -Wno-unused-function -Wno-inline -Wno-format \
>                -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-array-bounds -Wno-missing-prototyp=
es
>=20
> Note that this is GCC 4.4.4, installed from ports.  Also, this will not
> compile the world - only the kernel.  Also, they were a few fixes to make
> this work; they were not MFC-ed, iirc; removing -Werror altogether should
> work around these problems.
>=20
> --
> If you cut off my head, what would I say?  Me and my head, or me and my
>  body?
>=20

Adding=20

NO_WERROR=3D
WERROR=3D

to src.conf did it. It's compiling right now.

I'll post my findings and impressions on results and performance right afte=
r=20
the next reboot.

Thanks for all the help and info, Guys !!

=2D-=20
Mario Lobo
http://www.mallavoodoo.com.br
=46reeBSD since version 2.2.8 [not Pro-Audio.... YET!!] (99,7% winfoes FREE)