Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:17:26 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Jean-Yves Lefort <jylefort@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/devel/glib20 Makefile

Quoting Jean-Yves Lefort <jylefort@FreeBSD.org> (from Thu, 11 Jan 2007 =20
17:21:36 +0000 (UTC)):

> jylefort    2007-01-11 17:21:36 UTC
>
>   FreeBSD ports repository
>
>   Modified files:
>     devel/glib20         Makefile
>   Log:
>   On i386 (>=3D 486) and amd64, fix the arch passed to configure so that
>   glib will implement atomic operations with assembler instructions
>   rather than mutexes (improves performance).

What about setting GNOME_ARCH based upon CPUTYPE instead of hardcoding =20
it to i486?

Or much better: set --build in bsd.port.mk globally based upon CPUTYPE =20
(to iX86 on IA32, I'm not sure if it is wise to change the amd64 one =20
globally).

Any reasons to drop this idea immediatly (if not I will try to get =20
time to come up with a patch)?

Bye,
Ale

--=20
Vote for ME -- I'm well-tapered, half-cocked, ill-conceived and
TAX-DEFERRED!

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137