Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2005 09:14:33 -0600
From:      Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WEIRD: telnet

Anthony Atkielski wrote:
> Chris writes:
>

>>Agreed - however, rethink using Telnet in favor of ssh.
>

> I don't see how SSH would help when using telnet to connect to arbitrary
> ports.

Leaving the ports issue out of it (or not) we need to tell him why
Telnet is not a good thing... And that would be, Telnet passes clear
text whereas ssh does not.

Assuming he's setting up telnet on his device. Perhaps the user is just
ignorant to what ssh is.

--
Best regards,
Chris

There's never time to do it right, but there's always
time to do it over.