Date:      Wed, 10 May 2000 11:06:54 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@info.iet.unipi.it>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: complicated routing situation - can this be solved?

Chris,

I am a bit uncertain on what you want to do, could you clarify ?
If all you want on the ethernet interface is to use a subnet of
132.222.32.45/23, this can be done, it just suffices that you
set the netmask and default routers correctly on your ethernet,
and on the router you set net.link.ether.inet.proxyall (important)
and net.inet.ip.forwarding.

Speaking of bridging, it seems unlikely that it can be implemented
given the different frame sizes (it is not only a matter of headers)
between FDDI and ethernet which would require fragmentation and
reassembly of packets.

hope this helps

	cheers
	luigi
  Luigi RIZZO, luigi@iet.unipi.it  . Dip. di Ing. dell'Informazione
  http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/  . Universita` di Pisa
  TEL/FAX: +39-050-568.533/522     . via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
  Mobile   +39-347-0373137