Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 17:17:44 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Joseph A. Mallett" <jmallett@xMach.org>
Cc:        <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: The desktop apathy?  I think not.

Joseph A. Mallett <jmallett@xMach.org> types:
> On Thu, 31 May 2001, Brett Glass wrote:
> > At 03:56 PM 5/31/2001, Mike Meyer wrote:
> > >That's more idiotic than Brett's usual treacle.
> > Red alert! Incoming ad hominem attack detected!

That's not an attack, that's a description.

> > >HP isn't a software company, it's a hardware company.
> > Gee, I guess that HP/UX and MPE aren't software. Nor is
> > the embedded code that makes so many of their products
> > tick.
> The software bundles that came with a new HP box I've seen recently is
> even bigger than most SGI bundles. In short: Shitloads of software.

Since you seem to be swalling this tripe, I'd like to point out that I
didn't say HP didn't write software. In fact, I said they *did* write
software - to help sell their hardware. How much of that "shitloads of
software" can you run without having to buy hardware from HP?

	<mike