Date:      Fri, 24 Dec 2004 07:27:14 -1000
From:      Robert Marella <marella@hawaii.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Time to shut down this list?

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:52:29 -0800
Joshua Tinnin <krinklyfig@spymac.com> wrote:

> but since I brought it up, I'm willing to offer
> to do that. I do have extensive experience moderating email lists. But
> I also think that this list would "work" better if it had a slightly
> different charter which allowed for entry-level tech questions, and a
> clause that reiterates all users should be polite to people who ask
> what might seem like silly questions.

I also think this would work but any moderator should be extremely
familiar with what is going on at the -questions list. Whenever possible,
rather than giving a straight answer, the moderator or other respondants
should show a link to where the question is answered or is currently
being discussed on -questions, -stable, -ports, etc.

This would have the additional benefit of weaning the (us) newbies off
of htis list and making them (us) more comfortable with the other
resources.

Mele Kalikimaka

Robert