Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 2004 11:47:09 -0800
From:      Ron Gilbert <lists@rzweb.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Shutdown problems

(Sorry about the lack of Subject on the first post)

I just installed 5.3-release, and everything is working great, except
when I shut down.  Every-time I reboot, I get errors that say the
drives were not shut-down properly and it runs fsck.  I am doing
shutdown and everything seems OK.

After the shut-down process, it says "to enter a shell or hit return
for /bin/sh".  Unlike Redhat, it never says it's safe to shutdown the
machine.  Is this correct, or am I doing some thing wrong to shutdown
and/or reboot.

This is a older machine and does not have the power-off support.

Ron