Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 19:08:22 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        "Igor B. Bykhalo" <goshik@binep.ac.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: local CVS repository - I did something wrong?

On 2002-03-15 10:41, Igor B. Bykhalo wrote:
> Greetings all.
>
> Yesterday I installed cvsup-mirror port, it updated repository
> in /home/ncvs. Then I ran
>
> /usr#cvs co -r RELENG_4 src
>
> it was a lot of output, everything seemed fine.
>
> But now, when I run
>
> /usr/src#cvs up -r RELENG_4 -P -d
>
> it outputs the following:
>
> > cvs update: Updating .
> > cvs update: move away Makefile; it is in the way
> > C Makefile

You probably had stuff in /usr/src before doing the checkout.
Try removing all the files of /usr/src before checking out.

	# cd /usr
	# rm -fr src
	# cvs -qR checkout -rRELENG_4 src

Then, you can update your sources, with:

	# cd /usr/src
	# cvs -qR update -Pd

Giorgos Keramidas                       FreeBSD Documentation Project
keramida@{freebsd.org,ceid.upatras.gr}  http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/