Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 2000 03:42:43 -0500
From:      "Corigan" <corigan@mindspring.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions List" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   NATD & tun0

I am running a PPPoE connection with PPP.  When I do a ppp -nat -ddial
everything works inside great, the nat works perfect after adding in the
MaxMTU 1400 strings into the winblowz boxes.  I was wanting to run natd
cause I am having a few problems with dcc chats on some eggdrops.  My friend
is running bsd with natd and everything is fine for him, since he doesn't
have to use tun0 and all the dcc chats work fine.  Since I run userland ppp
for my PPPoE connection it uses tun0.  So I scoped around the mailing list
search engines and noticed a trend of natd and tun0 not working for many
people, hehe, and understatement.  I never did see the answer on how to get
this working.  I have added in all the kernel options and such for natd.  I
know natd at one time worked when I was using pppd on a dialup, and it was
routing info to ppp0.  Anyways, anybody know how to get info to route
properly through tun0?  Thanks..

Matt Thomas