Date:      Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:25:32 -0700
From:      "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
To:        'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG ORG' <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Adaptec 2410SA starts doing this: aac0: COMMAND 0xc551a7e8 TIMEOUT AFTER 147 SECONDS

Hi

I have an Adaptec 2410SA RAID card with 3 drives attached, 2 in a RAID
1 array and one as a separate disk.  This has been working under
5.2-RELEASE in my test server for some time now.  However, for some
reason the machine locked up (may not be related) and I had to do a
hard reset.

Now the machine, when it tries to check the two aacd volumes on this
controller, starts printing out this message below every 20 seconds or
so and the disk volumes cannot be used.  Each new IO attempt triggers a
new set of these messages.  The hex number after the COMMAND word is
different for each new IO request but of course stays the same for
repeated messages relating to the same original IO request

aac0: COMMAND 0xc551a7e8 TIMEOUT AFTER 147 SECONDS

I have googled on this and similar posts related to 2120S controllers
all seemed to have different causes and fixes...

Any hints or ideas on what is causing this?  I can get into the
controller at POST time and it checks out...

Thanks
Chad