Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:01:14 -0600
From:      Server Admin <admin@sage-one.net>
To:        Steve Bertrand <steve@northnetworks.ca>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Sendmail trouble...

At 11:18 AM 3.28.2002 -0500, Steve Bertrand wrote:

Dear Server Admin,

Thank you very much for your help.  The relay hosts file did the trick.
I must admit that I have an unusual setup here, as I am using 2 primary
DNS servers for my main domain.  The first DNS server is a win2k box that
is authorative for all requests on the Internet, and my new BIND server
is my test DNS server for the same domain only used for internal
requests.  Although this setup works, the BIND server will eventually
become my primary server for all requests.  It has only been a month
since I began using Linux/BSD, I have already seen the benefits and am in
the processes of killing off all of my windows machines.  I love the
command line stuff, although I use KDE on my linux machine, I refused to
install an X windows system on the BSD machine.  My BSD server is a
p166/40mb ram and it runs faster than any of the windows servers or WS's
that I have.  All windows machines are on very high-end hardware.

I did have to change some DNS settings as well as the relay-hosts file,
but if it wasnt for you, I probably would of been playing for another 3
days before I got it.

Again, thank you for your help!!!

Regards,

- Steve Bertrand

Northumberland Network Services

Port Hope, ON Canada

<<<<<<<<

Thanks, Steve.... glad to have been of help....

.... our website: http://www.sage-one.net/

Best regards,

Jack L. Stone

Server Admin