Date:      16 Dec 1998 13:06:12 +0200
From:      Antti Kaipila <anttik@iki.fi>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Jamie Bowden <jamie@itribe.net>
Subject:   Re: Source address

	So. If there is no current solution to this problem, I'm
thinking of doing the neccesary modifications to the kernel. I'm not a
kernel hacker but this problem does'nt seem too hard to solve.

	So I'd like to get your oppinnions. I'm thinking of using the
sysctl interface to the kernel. Introduce a new variable and if this
variable is set outgoing packets are given source address described in
this variable. This would be done just before the source address is
set to the outgoing interface if it's not already set. (in ip_output.c)

	I really have no real clue if this is the right way to go it's
just my first idea and I'd like to hear whay you think about it. Thanks.

  Antti Kaipila <anttik@iki.fi>