Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 2014 16:42:20 +0200
From:      Andreas Nilsson <andrnils@gmail.com>
To:        Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: Mouse does not work with new Xorg, works with old Xorg (9.3-STABLE)

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 4:33 PM, Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
wrote:

> Yup, me again with another new xorg issue I am afraid. In this case
> its a lot more simple though - everything works, except for
> the mouse. The mouse is fine in the conosle but as soon as I start X it
> moves the mouse to the centre of th screen and it stops moving.
>
> I have moused disabled, and hald and dbus enabled - the config
> which works on my other machine runnign new_xorg. The kernel
> has vt and kbdmux compiled into it, but is otherwise generic.
>
> This is using the nex_xorg pkg repository. If I just
> use the default pkg repository all works fine.
>
> Hopefully this is a quick fix, but it puzzles me as the config
> is the same as the machine I am typing this on. I didnt think
> new-xorg affected the mouse drivers actually.
>
> -pete.

I'm having similar problems. But I have option devd for autoconfig. Anyway,
I solved it by having the slim-script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d kill moused (
as even if you have moused="NO" in rc.conf devd autoruns moused on
usb-attach, which leads to umsX being busy when xorg tries to open them ).

I also had to have usbconfig power_off and power_on my lenovo usb-keyboad
with trackpoint mouse as the mouse is not recognised on boot.

Best regards
Andreas