Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:17:43 -0700
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pathname length over NFS

On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 11:02:39PM +0200, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> Chad R. Larson <chad@.eldocomp.com> wrote:
>  > The system message for error number 71 is:
>  >     Too many levels of remote in path
>  >
>  > install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444   libcom_err_p.a /usr/lib
>  > *** Error code 71
>
> The install tool doesn't use errno numbers for exit codes,
> but it uses sysexit values.  See the sysexits(3) manpage:

Sorry to have wasted everyone's time.  This turned out to be a
cockpit error.

I neglected to sync up the make.conf files between the two machines,
and the client failed trying to install profiled libraries that
hadn't been built on the server.

My only defense is the sysexit values overloading the errno values
sending me down the wrong diagnostic path.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.com