Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:52:14 +0200
From:      "Lutz Rabing" <lutz@a7.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail dnsbl takes precedence over SMTP Auth

Hi list,

we use SMTP auth on our mail servers (sendmail 8.12.10) in addition to
blacklists like ORDB and DSBL.

When a client wants to send mail and authenticates properly with
SMTP auth but gets an ip address listed in dsbl.org sendmail
refuses to send the mail (relaying denied).

This happens mostly when a dynamic dsl ip gets into one of those lists.

Is there a way to have SMTP auth take precedence over dsbl
blacklists?

(since I'm not on this list please include me on CC)

Thanks,
Lutz Rabing