Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 2002 02:44:22 -0800
From:      Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Lefteris Tsintjelis <lefty@ene.asda.gr>
Cc:        Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>, JT32255@aol.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why Use a Daemon as a Symbol since it alienates many?

* De: Lefteris Tsintjelis <lefty@ene.asda.gr> [ Data: 2002-11-04 ]
	[ Subjecte: Re: Why Use a Daemon as a Symbol since it alienates many? ]
> 	Grow ups or not and as ridiculous as it may sound and probably is,
> these are both good points and they both could have effect on FreeBSD's
> popularity, the satan looking symbol and the hostility towards Berkeley.

The fact that we have a number of *very* devoutly religious developers
who come from religions where there is a figure similar to that which
people seem to be alluding to, at least in translated written descriptions
and artistic renderings which may or may not have been based on said
descriptions, should be a good point, unless someone can believe that
said people are actually in service of the devil...

If I'm in service of el diablo, I wish someone would tell me... I expect
better opportunities for sinning and whatnot!

All joking aside, goats are cute, beastie is cute, and I've known a lot
of people who went to Berkeley who are, to say the least, cute.

It's beyond ridiculous, it's pretentious nonsense!  People need to realise
that "satan" hasn't shown himself to the world at large even in anecdotal
accounts for quite a while, unless you count political commercials...  And
neither has "god" - you'd think that one way or the other we'd have one of
them telling us a thing or two in moderately modern times about, at the least,
what the "devil" actually looks like.

Frankly, I find it more plausible that you're all manifestations of (my)
deranged imagination, than that "the devil" looks even remotely like Beastie.

uNF uNF Beastie's cute.  Grow up.  Images are an illusion, in the written
word doubly so.

Isn't deciding it'd be fun to read -chat now and then in and of itself fun?

Humbug I say.
--
Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>       | FreeBSD: The Power To Serve
Will break world for fulltime employment. | finger jmallett@FreeBSD.org