Date:      Sat, 4 Nov 2000 21:55:11 +0100
From:      Chive <lex@blacktrap.net>
To:        Chris Sheppard <cpfs@laminar.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PGP encryption of www cgi forms

On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 12:52:19AM -0000, Chris Sheppard wrote:
> I'm trying to use a perl cgi script to encrypt the results of a feedback form
> and then email it. I've installed PGP 2.6.3i and everyting works fine as long
> as you run the script from the command line. However, if I run it from a www
> cgi form the PGP program tries to communicate with the perl script as if it is
> an interactive user and asks for random key presses!

You need to have pgp run in batch mode so that it does not ask the user
anything. This was improved in the more recent versions (pgp5 and gnupg) but
is also possible in pgp2, you might want to look how they did it in `mutt'
(or any program that uses pgp as an external program for that matter) if
it is not specified in pgp2 doc.

--
Chive.