Date:      Fri, 3 Jan 1997 08:28:13 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        Hasues@mtsu.edu (Fletch Hasues)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Support for the XWindows system with Video Card

In a previous message, Fletch Hasues said:
> Greetings and salutations,
> 	Would you happen to know how to configure my Xwindows so that it can work with my Matrox Millenium?  I do not know if it is supported and I hunted through some archives, but apparently all I was referred to do is to Buy an X Windows platform for my card!?  I just bought the CD for FreeBSD, and I would have thought that would have included it.

XFree86 version 3.2 (new w/in a month or so) has a beta release of the driver
for the Millenium.  You don't say what version of CD you got. 2.1.5 has XFree86
3.1.2. FreeBSD 2.1.6 should have 3.2.

Otherwise, download the 3.2 distribution from ftp.freebsd.org or
ftp.xfree86.org.

Paul.

--
"We've go to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"

--Lee Iacocca, making excuses over Detroit's resistance to tougher
  automobile emission standards, 1974.