Date:      Fri, 9 Nov 2001 13:05:31 -0800
From:      "William Lewellen" <emale50@37.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need help

I just failed to install FreeBSD 4.4 to my D: drive from floppy and I don't know why. I have a ThinkPad 760 EL; I saw the thing about the space bar and -Dh and was ready. I got a spinning cursor and then the computer turned itself off.
Previously:
I had D/Led everything from the BIN directory and put it in c:\freebsd\bin. Put the BIN files on floppies at a library. I put everything from COMM in c:\freebsd/comm. Couldn't get the floppy images on floppiesata library; went to Kinko's; used WinZip; copied themto the HD; PKUNZIPed them; and fdimaged them to three floppies (kern, mfsroot, & fixit). Have PCDOS 5.02 on half of a 2.1GB HD and the other half is for FreeBSD so I can get a QuickCam and fill out forms (legally blind).
The QuickCam VC is selling for around $15 on eBay;
WILL FREEBSD 4.4 MAKE IT WORK ON A 760EL?
How can I get 4.4 to work on the 760?

U.S.=US