Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2001 18:43:57 -0600 (MDT)
From:      jhein@timing.com
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   docs/31210: cvs info page missing -R

>Number:         31210
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       cvs info page missing -R
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD brain.timing.com 4.3-RELEASE-p14-TSC FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE-p14-TSC #1: Tue Aug 28 13:44:14 MDT 2001 imp@brain.timing.com:/uv/staging/imp/FreeBSD-tsc-4/sys/compile/BRAIN i386

	The info pages for cvs do not document the FreeBSD-specific
     -R option.  In fact, the 'Read-only access' node says the only way to
     get read-only access to a repository using 'cvs' is with the pserver.

	The man page does document the -R option.
>How-To-Repeat:
	'info cvs' (or 'M-x info' from emacs)

     (source in src/contrib/cvs/doc/cvs.texinfo)
>Fix:

	I don't have a patch, but the affected nodes are at least:
      'Global options' (under 'CVS commands')
      'Invoking CVS'
      'Read-only access' (under 'Repository')

    The first two can just be cut/paste from the man page.
    The latter may requires a little more.