Date:      Sun, 27 May 2001 21:31:23 CDT
From:      dave <dleimbac@earthlink.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   final gcc comment here from me.

Ahh...

It makes sense now... There is only libstdc++.a and libgcc.a on my alpha
boxen at work.  Whatever it was doing with stdio.h may have been libstdc++
related then.

That's good to know...

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this question and again I apologize
for coming off as an ignorant SOB.

The website at http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/gcc.html is a little
misleading:
"
Currently GCC contains front-ends for C, C++, Objective C, Chill, Fortran,
and Java as well as libraries for these languages (libstdc++, libgcj,...).
"

So naturally when I built the compiler and say stdlib and stdio involved I
assumed these were glibc things. I also assumed that even though glibc can
be dowloaded separately from gcc that it may be a component of gcc (thanks
to the paragraph above from the website).

Dave