Date:      Sun, 22 Dec 1996 17:18:45 +0100 (MET)
From:      Bogusz Jelinski <bogusz@lib.amu.edu.pl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   XF86_S3 -query ?.?.?.? and keyboard mapping

I'd like to logon to a host running xdm and to have
my keyboard remapped. What I actually do is that I run
XF86_S3 -query and xmodmap in the same startup script
but after logging out I lose my map - I presume the
server is restarted, so all clients die. What am I supposed
to do to get the correct map? Someone told me I should
run xmodmap on the xdm host (in $HOME/.xinitrc) but
I get the following error:
xmodmap: sun.map:9: bad keycode value (out of range)

the 9th line is:
keycode 136 = Mode_switch

This map works fine on the console (SunOS 5.5.1).

My next move was to write following line in /usr/X11R6/bin/startx
serverargs="-query 150.254.100.50"

but it runs local window manager, which I don't prefer.
Can anyone help me?

Bogusz