Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 2002 23:47:39 -0700
From:      Jens Haeusser <jens@zoology.ubc.ca>
To:        freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing Perl

At 8:55 PM -0400 9/12/02, Jake Burkholder wrote:
>Install the port, perl has been removed from the base system in -current.
>I suppose that the last set of packages were built before perl was removed,
>so there's no perl package.

I didn't realise that the ports system worked for sparc- that's great
news. I had forgotten that perl was removed from current, as I
usually replace it with the port in any case. It looks like there is
still some work to do to replace the userland scripts that rely on
perl (adduser, etc) before 5.0 comes out- or will the perl port just
be installed by default?

Jens Haeusser
Network Manager
Zoology, UBC