Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 1996 19:03:42 +0900
From:      hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
To:        nate@sneezy.sri.com
Cc:        d_burr@ix.netcom.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: Buying a laptop for FreeBSD - advice sought

In article <199603270421.UAA27445@sneezy>
nate@sneezy.sri.com writes:

>> I'm working on it.  Currently, I'm the primary mover and shaker in the
>> FreeBSD laptop world, although the BSD Nomad group is Japan is doing
>> most of the coding.  I'm mostly doing code review and cleanup, although
>> I have done a slight bit of hacking on the code.
>>
>> I'm hoping to have some patches to 2.1.1 which will enable PC-CARD
>> support, and I'm hoping that APM support will be standard in 2.1.1.

I'll release our pccard package tomorrow.  It's based on
2.2-960323-SNAP and 2.1.0-RELEASE, supports some new cards (Contec
PCMCIA Ethernet and Megahertz X-Jack Ethernet, etc.), and many bugs of
SNAP-based version is fixed.

FYI:
My environment for development of our pc-card package
	Digital Hinote Ultra CS433 (RAM 20MB, HDD 815MB)
	Digital Hinote CS433 (RAM 20MB, HDD 720MB)
	Desktop PC (Pentium-133, RAM 16MB, HDD 4.2GB)
I love Digital Hinote Ultra.  It's very nice subnote.
The latest information of our pccard package can be found at
	http://www.mt.cs.keio.ac.jp/person/hosokawa/freebsd-pcmcia/

Enjoy!
--
	HOSOKAWA, Tatsumi              E-mail: hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp