Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 2002 16:51:25 -0500
From:      Troy Drake <tdrake@myrealbox.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Setting up a gateway to just pass data

Hi guys,
With my current ISP I get 3 IP's, and I want to setup my FBSD box to
simply pass packets between NIC's, pretty much so I can just utilize
ipfilter as a firewall for my other machine. I've got both cards setup
in the FBSD box, fxp0 and fxp1. fxp0 will be the one connecting to the
modem, and fxp1 connected to a hub for other machines. I've read some
tutorials, but they seem to only cover setting up private IP's for the
internal network, but this wont work as I want to have my other machine
still get it's own external IP. I'm thinking I need to enable it as a
gateway, add BRIDGE in the kernel, then set ipfilter to pass all from
fxp0 to fxp1 and vice versa, but I wanted to hear from you guys who may
have done this.

Please CC me as I'm not currently subscribed.

Thanks,
Troy