Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 1996 23:19:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        "Jasper O'Malley" <jooji@nebula.noc.webspan.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xanim 2.70.6.3 on 2.2-961014-SNAP

On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, Jasper O'Malley wrote:

> Anyone else having problems running Xanim on current? This is what I get:
>
> % xanim foo.mov
> XAnim Rev 2.70.6.3 by Mark Podlipec (c) 1991-1996
> Bad system call (core dumped)
>
> The core image is rather useless, and I've already recompiled. Any ideas?

Enable shared memory in your kernel -- XAnim started working for me after
I enabled the shmem stuff to get GIMP working. I also moved to the
2.2-ALPHA at the same time, but I'm pretty sure it's shared memory from
the sounds of the "Bad system call" message. I think there's also a way to
turn of XAnims use of shared memory with a flag..

Hope that helps,
-Mark