Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2001 00:23:45 -0700
From:      "Kerry Davis" <kedavis@uswest.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   support for HP NetServer EISA 10/100 card?

I have an HP NetServer 5/100 LS model, and I installed a new HP J2577A EISA
10/100 ethernet card (HP/AT&T chipset), which has separate 10bT and 100bT(x)
connectors.  This card doesn't appear to be recognized properly, all I get
in dmesg at startup is:

eisa0: unknown card HWP1940 (0x blah blah blah) at slot 1

it has been configured properly through the HP EISA configuration utilities.

any ideas on if I can get this card to work?  or is it totally unsupported
by FreeBSD?