Date:      Mon, 02 Aug 2010 20:02:46 -0400
From:      Albert Vest <alvest@brakiri.com>
To:        freebsd-i386@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: i386/149203: burncd: ioctl(CDRIOCFIXATE): Input/output error

On 08/02/10 14:40, Joseph Olatt wrote:
>> Number:         149203
>> Category:       i386
>> Synopsis:       burncd: ioctl(CDRIOCFIXATE): Input/output error
>> Confidential:   no
>> Severity:       non-critical
> When attempting to burn CD with following command:
>
> burncd -f /dev/acd0 data some.iso fixate
>
> gives following error on fixate:
>
> burncd: ioctl(CDRIOCFIXATE): Input/output error
>
>> How-To-Repeat:
> burncd -f /dev/acd0 data some.iso fixate

That happens to me half, maybe more than half the time.

What I do is follow up with this:

burncd -f /dev/acd0 fixate

(leaving out the "data some.iso" part) and that usually takes without
complaint.  Especially if I can hit return on it while the disk is still
spinning.

My hardware, for what it's worth:
acd0: DVDR <NEC DVD RW ND-3550A/1.05> at ata1-master UDMA33

>> Fix:
> Used "cdrecord" program instead.

More alternatives are always a good thing, thanks!

--
   http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS_A.html
   Albert Vest, Al Vest at Brakiri dot com