Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:48:00 -0700
From:      Mayo <mayo@mayo.sk>
To:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: xorg/XFree86 and  gnome

--Apple-Mail-2--330785773

I know you are talking about 2.7, but some people contemplating to=20
switch from xfree to xorg may find this useful.

I have gnome 2.6 working perfectly fine with Xorg for almost a month=20
now. Everything runs smoothly, I just have to run pkgdb -F each time=20
after cvsup (that is until the xorg vs. xfree issue in ports is solved)=20=

to fix few dependencies. There was even noticeable increase in=20
responsiveness of the interface and the box itself.

mayo

On Jun 16, 2004, at 11:16, Pav Lucistnik wrote:

> V st, 16. 06. 2004 v 20:09, Peter Ulrich Kruppa p=ED=9Ae:
>
>> Since nothing spectacular happend since my upgrade to gnome-2.7
>> (it simply works) I would like to test xorg .
>> Or should I wait for XFree86-4.4 (I believe I have read, someone
>> is working on it).
>> ... Or just go ahead and see what happens?
>>
>> Thanks for good or well meant advices.
>
> Go for it, it should just work. Tell us afterwards. Don't wait for
> XFree86 4.4, they are not coming RSN, as I heard.
>
> --=20
> Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
>               <pav@FreeBSD.org>
>
> Knight: We shall say Ny! again to you if you do not appease us.
> Arthur: All right. What do you want?
> Knight: We want... a shruberry!

--Apple-Mail-2--330785773
	name=PGP.sig