Date:      Wed, 7 Sep 2005 17:39:30 +0530
From:      "Pranav Peshwe" <pranavpeshwe@gmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Project in FreeBSD.

Hello,
        I am a final year CS student and wish to do a project in the
FBSD kernel or networking domains.
I am a part of a project group of four and we have the project as a part
of syllabus for the final year.

      Ideas we could think of were :

1) Dynamically Configurable IO schedulers and scheduling policy.
    - similar to the project mentioned on the SOC page for FBSD.
2) Creating a program which would save the state of  the kernel at
    some instant.Then if the kernel panics,the saved state will be restored.
    Especially useful for kernel level development which can cause frequent
    panics.

Could anybody please comment on the above ideas.
I do not know whether they are already implemented and included in the
mainline distro.

We would also like to hear about any other ideas related to FBSD.
We would be very happy to contribute our bit to the development of
FBSD.

TIA.

Sincere regards,
Pranav.J.Peshwe