Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 1998 21:40:13 -0800
From:      Shan-Min Chao <shanmin@lvdi.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Some simple FreeBSD questions

Hello!
	Once again, I would like some help.  Can anyone tell me which file user
account information is located in?  For example, if I wanted to edit the
login shell for a certain user, what should I do?  I tried to edit the
/etc/passwd file, but it doesn't seem to change anything.  I even tried
the /etc/master.passwd.  If these don't work, why are they here to begin
with?
	Second of all, what is the difference between .profile, .login, and
.cshrc?
	Third of all, I know there is a C++ compiler on FreeBSD called c++.
Where are the include files for the c++ (not the cc) compiler?  I know
the ones for the cc are in /etc/include.  But there is no iostream.h in
there!
	Fourth of all, would it cause any adverse effects if I deleted the
/usr/ports directory?
	Last but not least, do you guys know how to set any preferences for the
ppp dialer?  I mean, every time I finish dialing, I have to do the
following commands:  "add 0 0 HISADDR" and "set timeout 0".  Any ideas
how to make the ppp set this up by itself so that I don't have to type
it in every time?
	Well, that's it for now!  Thank you very much for your help.  You guys
have no idea how helpful this freebsd question mailer is.  Thank you for
taking your time to read this letter!