Date:      Mon, 05 May 2008 22:07:04 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        stevefranks@ieee.org
Subject:   Re: wine, amd64, and fc-7

Hello Steve,

On Mon, 5 May 2008 10:42:52 -0700 Steve Franks wrote:

> Anyone try to get an rpm of wine working under linux compat?  Did you
> have to install fc-7 instead of fc-4?  Is fc7 ready for primetime?
> Someone said it had issues awhile back.

It's not and fc (port) issue, it's rather kernel's one
(linux.osrelease 2.4.2 vs 2.6.16 emulation). The default is 2.4.2 even
for CURRENT (but mat change soon). And when the default
linux.osrelease is changed at CURRENT some time will pass before
something like f8 (or even f9) may become a default linux emulation
port.

> Looks like all the 64-bit linux guys run wine, why don't we?  Of

FreeBSD doesn't have 64-bit linux emulation, it's 32-bit for now.
And afaik no one is working on it.

--
WBR, bsam