Date:      Fri, 09 Aug 2002 15:52:10 -0400
From:      "Jud" <jud@myrealbox.com>
To:        met@uberstats.com
Cc:        moeller@bsdsi.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Gaim + KDE || synchronizing source

-----Original Message-----
From: "MET" <met@uberstats.com>
To: "'Jud'" <jud@myrealbox.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 15:31:58 -0400
Subject: RE: RE: Gaim + KDE || synchronizing source

[MET]
How would I go about synchronizing the source tree ?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

[Jud]
If you've done a "make world" recently, then don't=20
worry about it.  If you haven't, then do

#cvsup -g -L 2 [$PORTS-SUPFILE]

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

[MET]
I'm very new to Unix.

#cvsup -g -L 2 [$PORTS-SUPFILE]

What do I put in $PORTS-SUPFILE ?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

[Jud]

'sokay, I'm not so "old to Unix" myself.  ;)

This page from the Handbook will be helpful:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html

Note that at section A.6.3 it points out that you have=20
example supfiles in your /usr/share/examples/cvsup/=20
directory.  Copy the file named ports-supfile in=20
that directory to wherever you will want to have your=20
supfiles.  I have them in my home directory; the
Handbook says /usr/local/etc/cvsup/ is the default.
(When I say "them," I mean ports-supfile and, since I
track -STABLE, stable-supfile.)

Make the necessary changes in the *copies*, not the
original example supfiles.  For instance, the supfiles
tell you where you must enter the cvsup server you
want to use.  There's a list of the cvsup servers on
the Handbook page; just use the one closest to you.

By the way, if you don't want to type "-g -L 2" all
the time:

#cp /etc/defaults/make.conf /etc

Then edit /etc/make.conf by uncommenting the line
regarding the -g -L 2 cvsup flags.

Jud