Date:      Sun, 10 Apr 2016 17:28:22 +0100
From:      Mike Clarke <jmc-freebsd2@milibyte.co.uk>
To:        Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
Cc:        Freebsd Questions <FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: url of online pkg file

On Sun, 10 Apr 2016 11:14:43 -0400
Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com> wrote:

> The current version of the package system is missing the pkg for lame.

It's not available as a package due to patent issues. You'll need to
build it from ports.

cd /usr/ports/audio/lame/ && make install clean

> I would like to manually search previous version to see if I can find
> it.

I doubt if you'll find a legitimate package anywhere. Even if you do
you'll very likely run into dependency conflicts if it's an old
version. Building from ports is the way to go.

--
Mike Clarke