Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 1995 06:34:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      ti@bazooka.amb.org (Ti Kan)
To:        mmead@goof.com (matthew c. mead)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: xmcd 1.4 [ MORE LONG DEBUG INFO ]

matthew c. mead writes:

> On Mon, April 10, 1995 at 14:32:44 (-0700), Ti Kan wrote:
>  > Argh.  I meant you should do this and then move the volume control
>  > slider around a bit.  I wanted to see the 0x1a commands (mode sense).
>  > Can you try again?
>
> 	Sure thing... with modeSenseSetDBD: False:

I looked at the debug output and didn't see anything wrong with
the commands that xmcd delivers to the drive.  The commands
fail, however, for unknown reasons.

Someone else said that he had the same problems, but the problem
went away when he ran the pre-compiled binary version.  Perhaps
you can give that a try?

	ftp.netcom.com:/pub/tk/tkan/xmcd-1.4/freebsd/xmcdbin.README
	ftp.netcom.com:/pub/tk/tkan/xmcd-1.4/freebsd/xmcdbin.tar.gz

Alternatively, you can also obtain the xmcd source code, CD database,
and binary releases via the World Wide Web xmcd Home Page:

	http://www.btg.com/~cknudsen/xmcd/

Please note that the above FTP sites have maximum number-of-users
limits.  You may have to keep trying to get in, especially during
peak hours.

-Ti
   ///   AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    Internet: ti@amb.org
 //////  UUCP:     ...!uunet!bazooka!ti
///      URL:      ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/tk/tkan/www/tikan/tikan.html